COURSE LEADER: Mrs Stubbs
The Alevel Business equips students with a in depth overview of different business scenarios and introduces new theory not seen at GCSE.
The aims and objectives of the Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Advanced GCE in Business are to enable students to:
- develop an enthusiasm for studying business
- gain an holistic understanding of business in a range of contexts
- develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and wants
- understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
- generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues
- be aware of the ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and individuals
- acquire a range of relevant business and generic skills, including decision making, problem solving, the challenging of assumptions and critical analysis
- apply numerical skills in a range of business contexts.
Specification and Exam board: Edexcel Pearson
Grade 6 or above in GCSE Business Also a 5 in English & Maths
Business Studies is everywhere, and you will work probably work in a business in your life. Typical career progression from Business includes University study, gaining paid employment or even setting up your own business with the enterprise skills you will gain from studying the course.